“Erika Nielsen has done what few others have achieved in the ever-widening bipolar disorder literature: combine a first-person account with an instructional guide for self-care. She tells the story of how she discovered her bipolar disorder and learned to live with it, continued to make use of her musical talents, and learned to achieve her goals within the limits the disorder imposes. Readers will appreciate her insightful recommendations for managing the disorder on a day-to-day basis. This book will be especially helpful to those who learn by example.”
Media appearances for Sound Mind have included:
- The Bookshelf and eBar, Guelph, ON
- The Breakdown SXM with Allison Dore
- CHCH Morning Live with Annette Hamm, Hamilton, ON
- ListenN Podcast with Brian Gehan
- The Psych Central Show Podcast with Gabe Howard and Vincent M. Wales
- The Shaun Proulx Show for SiriusXM Radio
- The New Classical FM 96.3 with Mark Wigmore
- What She Said! Radio Canada with Christine Bentley and Kate Wheeler
Erika is the author of new bestselling memoir and wellness guide SOUND MIND: My Bipolar Journey from Chaos to Composure (Trigger Publishing, 2019) which has reached #1 on Amazon in its category. She is on the roster of authors at K2 Literary Agency and is a blog contributor to BPhope.com and Psychology Today Magazine, and is also the author of wellness and mental health blog soundmindbook.com. She has also written for the American Federation of Musicians newsletter, News Harp.
Follow Erika's writing on Social, below, and visit her Amazon Author Page.
“When cellist Erika Nielsen is not playing, she’s opening up about how she deals with mental illness. This morning she joined us with more on her memoir & wellness guide, Sound Mind.”