With over fifteen years experience inspiring cellists from diverse musical backgrounds, learning styles, ages, and walks of life, Erika's teaching philosophy is to encourage and enrich students as individuals, in the way they learn best.
Erika is in high demand as a private and guest instructor across Ontario. She is on faculty at National Music Camp of Canada and the Miles Nadal JCC Suzuki Music Program in downtown Toronto, and is an itinerant instructor for Havergal College and Branksome Hall private schools.
Erika maintains a busy private studio, with performance opportunities, Suzuki Method teaching, Royal Conservatory Exam preparation, and university preparation available. Her love of music is shared in her bright and cozy studio in Seaton Village where she lives with her husband, bassist and composer Graham Smith. During Covid-19, Erika offers both Skype and Zoom distance learning.
For more information, please contact Erika.
Erika's students have enrolled or participated at institutions and ensembles such as:
- The University of Toronto Faculty of Music
- The University of Ottawa School of Music
- Queen's University School of Music and Drama, Kingston
- National Music Camp of Canada, Orillia
- Music at Port Milford Summer Festival
- The Miles Nadal JCC Suzuki Music Program, Toronto
- Havergal College and Branksome Hall schools, Toronto
- Etobicoke School of the Arts, Toronto
- Rosedale Heights School of the Arts, Toronto
- Father John Redmond Regional Arts Program, Toronto
- Cawthra Secondary School, North Toronto Collegiate Institute
- The Toronto Philharmonic Orchestra
- Summerhill Community Orchestra
- The Counterpoint Community Orchestra
- Mooredale Youth Orchestras, Toronto
- The Toronto All-City Orchestra
- The Kingston Youth Orchestra
- The Stringtown Orchestra, Kingston